Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Summer learning Journey day 1.. activity 1.

Set task: Read the fun facts posted on the website and choose your ‘Top 3.’ On your blog, post your ‘Top 3 Fun Facts’ about NZ in your own words.


My favourite facts:

1. It was the first major nation to have universal suffrage. In 1893 all male and female citizens are legally allowed to vote.

2. Gisborne is the first city in the world to see the sunrise because it is 496.3 kilometers away from the International Date Line.

3. This was the first country to have its three top positions of power held simultaneously by women; Prime Minister Helen Clark, Governor General Dame Silvia Cartwright and the Chief Justice Sian Elias.

Facts about New Zealand in my own words:

The kakapo is the only flightless parrot in the world and only lives in the south part of New Zealand and cannot be found in any other part of the world.

The New Zealand rugby team has won the world cup three times in a row which is a world record and has the best rugby team in the world.

there are more vending machines all the way in japan than there are people in New Zealand ( That's a lot of vending machines!!!)


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jamie! My name is Susie and I'm part of the Summer Learning Journey team this year. I'm so glad that you've joined us for the exciting journey ahead of us.

    I like that you have added facts about New Zealand in your own words as well as the three facts that you have chosen to be your favourite. One of my favourite facts about Aotearoa is that New Zealand is one of the only countries to have two national anthems- 'God Save The Queen' and 'God Defend New Zealand'. Have you heard both of them before? Which one do you prefer?

    I am from Korea and I still remember having four different versions of lyrics to a same melody for our national anthem and it was a challenge to remember everything.

    New Zealand is also famous for its Rugby team All Blacks as you mentioned. Do you enjoy watching Rugby? I grew up watching football and baseball so my favourite would have to be baseball. Let me know what your favourite sport is!


    Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts Jaimie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora! Susie glad to see you like my blog post I have heard of God save the queen but Never actually listened to the whole song so that's something for me to go research about.Out of the two national anthems I would prefer the national anthem I have grown up with- God defend New Zealand. I also play 3 different types of sports, hockey, soccer, and tennis but my favourite overall is hockey because i'm goal keeper and i'm allowed to get a bit rough and tumble :D, I use to play touch rugby but I felt kind of lonely always being the only girl so I got into new sports, my dad is ALWAYS watching the rugby and it's funny listening to him shout at the T.V because the referee did something bad. hope to see you on my blog again soon and Can't wait to hear more feedback from you! :D

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.