Pages

Friday 13 September 2019

Persuasive writing

W.A.L.T create a persuasive piece of writing using our language skill to persuade someone of our point of view.

Dear reader,


I am writing to inform you on why I think we should have a summer sports
tournament for schools around Christchurch.


Firstly, I think most children throughout schools would enjoy it, getting to
go outside, make new friends and meet new people would keep children
fit and entertained for the summer and even bring a little competition
throughout schools. There would be a variety of options for students to
choose from such as Tennis, Field hockey, baseball, basketball, and soccer.
And in my opinion, having these options through summer sound cool.


Secondly, people need exercise. Obesity in New Zealand can be a problem
and it can be caused by technology, lack of exercise, or complete laziness.
Being outside and getting to play games can result in huge health benefits,
did you know it can improve your health mentally and physically and bring
the best out of kids years 6 - 8.


Thirdly, being outside and playing a summer sports game can help develop
leadership and communication skills and learn how to play as a team and not
hog the top position when it comes to playing fair. It will also help kids learn
about responsibility and maybe kids who enjoy the sport might continue it and
make it a career.


In my opinion with provided facts about how beneficial having a summer,
sports tournament is, this is why I think it would be a great idea to have a
sports tournament provided for year 5 - 8 students in the summer.


Sincerely
Jaimie
year 8

St Bernadette's school

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.