Pages

Monday 13 January 2020

SLJ Day 1. activity 2. Discovering Aotearoa

Hello I am here to tell you about some of my cultral backround but I cannot provide you with all of it but I hope this is enough.

I am English, all of what I am telling you comes from my Nanas side so my English Originates from England I do not know much about these first few cultures  I am about to explain to you but I know I can explain my Maori side so bare with me. I am also Scotish, German, Irish and other things I am unaware about, but here is my Maori history...

My Maori tribe is Ngati mutunga, this is a north Island tribe and is a small, but very wealthy tribe. I also have made a Mihi on my blog previously to find out more about me go to this link : http://stbsjaimiem.blogspot.com/2019/09/my-mihi.html

Here is a couple of links to my tribe:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng%C4%81ti_Mutunga
https://ngatimutunga.iwi.nz/tribal-area/

I  am sorry I could not explain more since my Dad has no idea about his cultral backround and I do not know my Mum very well but this is the best I could do thank you for reading my blogpost. :D


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jamie,

    Congratulations on completing another activity! :)

    No need to apologise! You've done well to share what you know about your cultural background. you could always ask other members of your family if your unsure. Maybe your grandparents would know? My nana is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to our genealogy.

    I'm English and Scottish on my dad's side on the family as well. Have you been to England or Scotland before? I haven't but I'd love to go and explore where my ancestors are from.

    Have a wonderful afternoon Jamie. Keep the Summer Learning Journey posts coming! :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jaimie,
    My name is Nadia, I'm a Year 11 student from Hornby High and I will be commenting on some of your posts for the remainder of the SLJ.

    Great job on completing another post. Sometimes it can be hard for us to explore our cultures because our parents don't always know about theirs. But you've done a great job of finding out as much as you can. You've also done a great job on your mihi, I always found mihis hard, did you complete yours yourself? Or did you have someone help? I always needed help doing mine.

    Maybe next time you could include images, whether this is of your tribe or of the flag of the country you identify with. Just be sure to include links to where you got your images from. I think adding images will make your posts more interesting.

    Congratulations on this post, you've done a great job
    Until next time
    - Nadia :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.